Freshman Linebacker Keith Brown / 247 sports
When Louisville takes the field against Pitt on Saturday morning, they’ll try to snap a 4-game losing streak – their longest to any current opponent. The Cardinals will bring their #19 ranking into Heinz Field during homecoming weekend and the Panthers have found themselves with their backs squarely against the wall. After taking a surprising loss to Syracuse Friday night, Pitt stands 2-3 on the year and are fighting for their bowl-game life. Meanwhile Louisville looks to finally put a full game together and remain undefeated at 6-0. We”ll have our full opponent breakdown and preview tomorrow, but in the meantime let’s see what the local Pitt papers and national publications are saying about Saturday’s match-up
- Athlon Sports says that Louisville’s biggest weakness is their lack of a sustained pass rush, however, three of their 4 experts still pick the Cards to win the game.
- Nice piece here from The Pittsburgh Tribune on Teddy Bridgewater.
- Andrea Adelson of ESPN is tempted to pick the Panthers but stays with the Cards in the end, 27-20. She says her biggest concern is the lack of consistency from Louisville.
- Despite only rushing for 27 yards against Syracuse on Friday night, Pitt head coach Paul Chryst told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette that he won’t abandon the run.
- Cardiac Hill gives us the top ten quotes from Pitt head coach Paul Chryst’s weekly press conference. They also wrote about how a decreased workload for star running back Ray Graham might be exactly what he needs to thrive.
- UofLsports.com says that the Cards’ offense is still looking for their identity.
- Here’s a football notebook from Panthers Digest that includes quotes and a look ahead to Louisville.
- Really good piece from Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle on the misfortunes of Louisville and their Big East openers throughout the years.
- Pitt’s official school website gives you a full primer and breakdown of the game.