Photo – Post Standard
Here’s a healthy dose of reading material to get you ready for Louisville’s first ever regular season home game as the #1 team in America (still find that incredibly hard to believe, but it’s a fact). The Cards of course will play host to the #6 Syracuse Orange Saturday at 4:00 (ESPN) and the two teams never disappoint when they face off against one another. If you’re keeping track at home, Louisville has won 7 out of the last 9 against Syracuse, however, the Orange swept the season series last year winning 52-51 in the Yum! Center on February 13th and 58-49 in the Carrier Dome on March 3rd.
- Here’s a solid statistical comparison of both teams from The Post Standard and Syracuse.com
- Weekend Watch and full game preview from ESPN’s Eamonn Brennan
- What the loss of James Southerland means for Syracuse from The Juice (part of the SNY Network).
- Also from The Juice, who has to step up for Syracuse with Southerland possibly out for the remainder of the season?
- Video interview with one of the guys from Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician on Syracuse-Louisville.
- Louisville’s defense thrives on Gorgui Dieng’s court vision, from the Daily Orange
- A more in-depth look at why Southerland was suspended and how it’s all part of an NCAA investigation
- From C.L Brown of the Courier Journal, when Siva and Smith are on the prowl, you better be on your guard.