(Sharieff Rhaheed, Photo – SCRIPPS)
Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino and his staff are gearing up for what should be another massive recruiting weekend for the program. With National Signing Day rapidly approaching (it’s Feb 5th, to be exact), UofL is making one last huge run at a slew of impressive prospects on their home turf. As it stands this morning, the Cards are expected to welcome in 12 recruits. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Sharieff Rhaheed (Fort Pierce, FL), OLB – Probably the biggest name left on the board, the 3-star, 6’2, 205 lb, outside linebacker from Fort Pierce, Florida is reportedly down to Louisville and Arkansas. He also holds offers from Alabama, Michigan State and Missouri.
- Sean Bowens (Port St. Lucie, FL), OLB – The 6’2, 215 lb, one time NC State commit (also a 3-star) is taking an official visit to Louisville this weekend following a trip to Western Kentucky. He also holds offers from Rutgers, South Florida and Marshall.
- Quincy McKinney (Hutchinson CC, KS), OL – Originally a native of Columbus, Georgia, the 6’4, 300 lb, massive offensive lineman was also committed to NC State. Can the Cards seal the deal on his official visit this weekend?
- Steve Ishmael (Miami, FL), WR – A talented and speedy wide receiver from Miami, this 6’2, 175, 3-star specimen recently visited Syracuse and Cincinnati. He also holds offers from Boston College, Miami and Illinois.
- Ty Flournoy-Smith (Milledgeville, GA), TE – A big time, pass-catching tight end from the heart of SEC country, Flournoy-Smith signed and played under Mark Richt and Georgia before transferring and going the Juco route this past year. He visited Alabama last week and will take his final visit to Louisville this weekend before making a decision.
- Lukayus McNeil (Indianapolis, IN), OL – At 6’7, 279 lbs, this 3-star Nap-Town native has interest from Oklahoma and NC State, but it appears as though it should come down to either Indiana or Louisville.
- Isaiah Riddle (Scottsdale CC, AZ), OLB – Yet another Outside Linebacker prospect, this 6’2, 230 lb, 2/3-star Juco stand-out also holds offers from Oklahoma State, Arizona and Hawaii.
- Charles Standberry (Montgomery, AL), TE – A 6’3, 205 lb hybrid Tight End / Wide Receiver, Standberry is a one-time Ole Miss commit but has re-opened things back up and is now considering Louisville. He’s rated as a consensus 3-star player by all the major scouting services.
- Davon Witherspoon (Hollywood, FL), S – Relatively unknown in recruiting circles nationally, the 6’4, 200 lb Witherspoon was being targeted by Petrino and his staff while still at Western Kentucky. He’s taking his final official visit to Louisville this weekend.
- Jordan Gandy (Athens, AL), WR – At 6’4, 185 lbs, Gandy looks like a lock to commit to Louisville this weekend.
- Derrian Meminger (Sparta, GA), DE – Also a relatively new name to keep an eye on, Meminger (6’3, 270 lbs) is being recruited by both Louisville and Cincinnati but does not hold a former offer from either school at this point.
- Cornelius Sturghill (Memphis, TN), ATHLETE – A straight-up speedster from the heart of Memphis, this 5’10, 170 lb, consensus 3-star athlete committed to Wisconsin last weekend on an official visit, but he’s still going to take one last look at Louisville.